Rochester Employment Networking Groups
It has been widely reported that your best opportunity for finding a new job is through networking. The following Rochester, NY area employment networking organizations can help you grow and extend your network. For more employment opportunities in Rochester, NY visit the Rochester Employment Opportunities in Rochester, New York page.
- The August Group. "The August Group is a community champion for professional networking. We drive a network that connects area professionals and entrepreneurs with the Rochester business community. We meet often and everywhere: See our calendar for meeting times and locations. You must physically attend a regular meeting to join this group."
- Career Club. Sponsored by the Ontario County Work Force Development.
- Digital Rochester. "DR was founded in Q3/2000 and ever since we've been accelerating steadily on the way to becoming the Upstate NY area's pre-eminent technology business community. We've expanded our events and community services to include an array of networking, educational, entrepreneurial and economic development activities. The common thread in all DR events is focus on bringing value to our members and their organizations and businesses. Through generous corporate sponsorship by a wide variety of technology companies and community organizations, we've been able to consistently enhance our area's standing as a technology center."
- Greater Rochester Enterprise. "The GRE is a newly formed; public/private partnership established to professionally market the Rochester metropolitan area as a competitive, high-profile region for business location and growth. GRE will collaborate with business, academia, not-for-profit organizations, and government to ensure a unified approach to regional economic development efforts."
- Greater Rochester Quality Council. "Greater Rochester Quality Council is a collaborative network of organizations and individuals. Our purpose is to stimulate and foster excellence in the products, services, & processes of all organizations & businesses in the community. We promote sharing of resources, learning, & expertise in Quality principles and practices."
- High Tech Rochester. "Our mission is stimulating growth in the Greater Rochester, New York technology-based business sector. We actively facilitate the identification, development, and incubation of new and emerging business opportunities. We also work to improve the competitive position of this region's established small manufacturing firms through product and process innovation."
- Job Club. Sponsored by Rochester Works!. "An opportunity to learn networking skills. A discussion format is used to discuss unique employment issues." Contact 258-3503.
- Rochester Business Journal. "For more than a decade, the Rochester Business Journal has served as the leading source of business news and information in Rochester, N.Y."
- Rochester Professional Consultants Network. "RPCN is an organization that promotes professionalism, ethics and excellence in consulting, so that its members can best serve their clients and the community."
- Rochester Unemployed Networking Group. "RUNG (Rochester Unemployed Networking Group) consists of currently unemployed, underemployed, and recently re-employed professionals in the Rochester, NY area.
The purpose of this e-mail group is to facilitate networking and the exchange of information amongst members to assist the unemployed and underemployed members in their job search, regardless of their targeted job fields.
- URN. Sponsored by the Career Development Center (CDC). For information contact:
Larry Peeler, Career Development Services
706 East Ave., Rochester, NY 14607-2501
Voice: 585-244-0765 Fax: 585-244-7115